Well everyone, it’s been a busy month with respect to the Conquistador. Here are some updates:
- Casino del Sol just announced that “shared” rooms will now be allowed. Previously, the had a protocol that you can’t share a room unless it’s with an immediate family member. If you want to share a room, make sure you register with both names on the reservation. They are only accepting phone reservations at this time (no online). Mention Conquistador Paragolf to access our room block and rates for the Estrella Tower. If you want to upgrade, make sure to mention it when making the reservation. Hotel info can be found here.
- Both the welcome reception and awards ceremony will be held at TrakTucson, a working equestrian facility located in the middle of Tucson. TRAK is a beautiful ranch in the city, centrally located at 3250 E. Allen Road, near Brandi Fenton Park. Here’s a video overview. Both events will begin at 6 pm and shut down at 9 pm and will be catered by Firetruck Brewery, who have some of the best BBQ in town. More info on the events can be found here.
- Sewailo Golf Club is in excellent condition and by April should be “perfect”! We will be establishing tee complexes by flight within the the next two weeks. We will publish them in the next Update.
- Registrations have been very active in the past few weeks. It’s been decided that we will also include an Associates flight in which non-adaptive sponsors and local supporters will be able to compete. Without these gracious hosts, we would not be able to have this tournament. They will be paired together so Adaptive players can compete with their peers. Be aware that the Sewailo room block is going quickly so register soon if you want to stay on site. We do have blocks at Hilton and Doubletree next to the airport. Info is on the website.
- We will be using Golf Status as the official scoring app for the tournament. In keeping with property protocols, there will be no physical scorecards/pencils on the carts. Once you signup, you will be given a unique code to access the tournament site. You can familiarize yourself with the app by downloading it here.
- All competition parameters and local rules will be posted in the next update.
About it from Tucson. Looking forward to seeing all of you in April. Fairways and greens, y’all!!!!!